Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CHICAGO THE WINDY/RAINY CITY


I sure had fun in Chicago. I went with the Snow College Art Dept. for spring break and got to see amazing art, eat amazing food, and do amazing things.

Some of my favorites were:
-Chicago Art Institute (a great collection!)
-Trying Indian food for the first time (India House rocks!)
-Going to Blue Man Group (such a fun, cool show)
-Columbia College center of the book arts
-Eating french pastries
-Having my own bed
-Seeing all the public art (Picasso, Chagall, Calder...)
-Eating and being treated rudely at Ed Debevic's Diner (their brownie delights are YUM!)

Some of the things I could do without:
-Being soaked to the skin with driving rain and 5 miles from where we were supposed to be
-Attending the lame MOCA exhibits
-Going to "Taken" (do not go see this movie)
-Almost missing my flight
-Eating at the Rain Forest Cafe (this might have been worth it if my kids were with me, but they weren't and the food left a lot to be desired...)

Overall, a fabulous trip and one I would love to do again someday. I am extra glad all went well with my family at home while I was gone. When I got home last night they had made me a poster and hung it on the front of my house. Very cute! They are the best!

Check out the next post for photos...

4 comments:

Denise said...

Glad you had fun. So sweet that they made you a poster!

Christensens said...

Cool pictures! I especially liked the artsy-fartsy music. What a nice welcome home from your kids.

Tonia Z said...

Haven't been to Chicago... it's on my list of places to go. I just tried Indian food in the last year and it is my NEW favorite. The best is a coconut curry sauce (which I have found an AWESOME recipe for, if you are interested). Love the sign... you are loved.

Journey Rocks! said...

I bet you are glad to be home, but it is good to hear that your trip was fun! :)