Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TAKE A STAND

While I was at my educational conference this weekend, I had the misfortune to attend a class where I heard some very disturbing comments against some very important freedoms in our country. Keep in mind that these comments came from educators around my state. I was very disgusted and disturbed by these people and amazed, yet again,  at how obnoxious and vocal the liberal minority can be. They proudly identified themselves as "Socialists" and against Capitalism. Thus, I feel I have got to take a stand about how I feel and what is going on in our society today. I am very concerned that we have so many people in our country who feel proud to embrace Socialism. I am not great at political writings, and have never claimed to be a writer of any kind, thus I am referring you to a blog I have found that is written by a woman whose opinions I have come to admire and respect. She has some great points and quotes in this post on Socialism and there are also other posts of hers that are worth reading. I was very enlightened by the things she had to say about the difference between Socialism and the Law of Consecration (or the United Order). If you have the time and the inclination I highly recommend reading some of her views. I am sick of belonging to the silent majority. 

No comments: