Thursday, August 13, 2009

FAMILY REUNION IDEAS

I am in charge of my family reunion this year. It is going to be very laid back and have lots of time for visiting. That's what I like most about reunions anyway.


One thing I did this year was make a coloring book for the kids. I got the idea from a Stake Relief Society meeting and felt like it would be a great thing for my family. Both my parents have passed away and many of their grandchildren won't ever know them. I thought this would be a good way to tell my parents' story. I wrote very simple information about both my parents and found clip art or drew illustrations to go with them. It turned out great. I hope the kids enjoy it.

Another thing we are going to do is have movie night. I made a movie/slideshow of lots of family photos- all the way from my dad's mission until right now. It is 17 minutes long, so I won't put it on here, but it turned out great. I let my kids preview it and they loved it! I made every family a DVD copy so they can watch it at home too.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Love, love, love the idea of the slideshow...what a great way to help the grandkids connect with loved ones gone! Hope you have a GREAT time!

Leslie said...

Great ideas! Hope you guys have fun!