Monday, August 16, 2010

IDAHO IS FOR RIVER RUNNERS

We had a GREAT time in Idaho! I knew we would. Even with the weather being so chilly last year we had a good time. Here is a not-very-brief outline of our trip...
This year started out a bit cold, so the first morning we went and sat in the hot springs we visited last year. It was a fabulous way to start the trip.

The bummer was that someone complained about them, so the state came in and ripped them out. :( So instead of 9 nice, cemented tubs, there were only 3 lined with plastic. It was still fun though.

We went up to Cascade so that my honey could try out the new kayaking park. It was brand new and very nice! We also visited the flea market- woo hoo!

This year the slack line was a big hit. Some of my kids are pretty darn good at it too.

Then the next day it was off to run some rivers. Idaho takes care of its river runners, the boat launches are amazing!

This was the Old Swirly section on the South Fork of the Payette. It is a fun run!

Here are my kiddos. Aren't they amazing?

That evening they ran the main Payette. My younger ones have such fun in the sand and this water was MUCH warmer than the South Fork.

Every where you go up there it is BEAUTIFUL! I would live up there in a second!

The last day was the icing on the cake run on the North Fork Cabarton. I did it in my inflatable too and was a bit worried, but I made it through.

That evening was THE MEAL to end all other meals. Our friends brought PRIME RIB and we all just added everything we had. It was definitely not your ward potluck! (no green jello and carrots here!)

Here are the little girls, with their glowing jewelry...

We even invited the college kids over because we had so much food. It STILL didn't all get eaten and we fed 22 people.


This was the coolest part of the meal, though. My friend brought stuff to make homemade ice cream in a bag and we had it with our cobbler. SUPER DUPER YUM!

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Looks like so much fun. Have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of J & K, they get to follow you on all these awesome adventures.