Sunday, March 3, 2013

JUNIOR PROM- THIRD TIME'S A CHARM

In our small, rural community our high schools do a prom fundraiser where they invite the parents and community to come watch the Juniors be presented and call it Promenade. They charge for people to come in, so it works well. That is how I end up at all of my kids' proms. I have to admit that it is fun to see them.
A with his promenade partner.
It was A's turn this year. He is Junior Class Vice President, so he helped quite a bit with getting things together. I think, quite a bit more than he wanted to. The theme was 'A Night In Venice.'

A and his date, N.
I really like his date. She is in our ward and in my Laurels class and is such a nice, fun girl. I think they had a great time. They do an all-day date here, so A and his friend K took their dates up to Salt Lake to a museum and then to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.
N, A, B and K.
These are the kids that all went together. The mural in the background is the one A helped me paint for the prom. It was large and took about 10 hours. I was glad when it was done.

A and I dancing at prom.
My boys think dancing with their mom is awkward, but I loved dancing with my dad. It was fun to dance with A last night too. He looks very handsome in a tux!




No comments: