Monday, March 24, 2014

QUICK LITTLE VACATION

Big C and I just had our 23rd anniversary!! Whoa! We have now been married longer than we haven't. Crazy! Big C needed to go pick up some river gear from a friend in Fruita, CO. I happened to grow in Grand Jct., so we went over for the night and made it into a little anniversary trip.
At the Salt Wash rest stop in the San Raphael Swell.
 We got there in the evening and went out to dinner with one of my good friends and her husband. We had such a great time catching up and laughing. Our husbands even hit it off.
Me, in front of the house I grew up in. It has changed A LOT!
 The next morning, Big C went on a mountain bike ride with his kayaking buddy, picked up his gear, and then he drove me around so I could reminisce. It was really fun! I got to show him quite a few of the places from my past.
Me in front of my dad's old orthodontist office. Hasn't changed a bit.
 We also drove the Colorado National Monument and did a few little hikes. It is a beautiful place! I can't believe I rode that on a bike with my dad when I was young. He must have had a lot of patience...
Big C at the Colorado National Monument.

Me with Big C and Independence Monument in the background.
 After our drive across the Monument, we stopped in Fruita at a yummy little restaurant for lunch and then headed home. It was a fast, but fun trip down memory lane.
The Grand Valley.

1 comment:

Britt said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a mini getaway with your man. Your blog is so cute.