Friday, November 14, 2014

GOING THIS WAY

I was asked to create an artist book for a show at our cute little Main Street Art Center here in Ephraim. It's called the Granary Art Center (click for link). I was so flattered and excited to be a part of it!  They even used one of my images for the show advertising:
My Mom, Dad, older sister and I, circa. 1971 (I was almost 2) with our plane Charlie Cherokee.
Here are some pictures of the opening.
My name on the wall.
My family and I by my work.
Awesome A and I.
Me, visiting with friends at the show.
For part of the show upstairs you could make your own 3X3" work and take some else's home.
Here's Little C and Princess P checking out one of mine. I had my classes participate.
My work- 'Trip Scrolls, ca. 1971-2014'
The scrolls are all photos of trips or vacations I have been on throughout my life printed on Kozo rice paper. I love the way a turned out. One of the few art works I've made that I was able to create exactly a work identical to the one in my head.
Up close view of 'Trip Scrolls...'
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Kim Gordon / Kim Gordon is a bookmaker, watercolor painter, printmaker and educator. She was born in Arizona and has spent her life in the Western United States. After studying art at Snow College and Utah State University, she received a BFA in Art Education and has taught art at the middle school, high school and college levels. Her art focuses on the influence of her cultural heritage rooted in ideas of place, personal experience and family traditions both past and present.  Many of these traditions focus on travel and vacationing with her family.  Spending time together, building unity and memory making are all important aspects of her family life, and these ideas and traditions translate into her art making process. She currently lives in Sanpete County, Utah and teaches art at Snow College.

No comments: