Wednesday, December 3, 2014

CHRISTMAS MUSIC IS THE BEST

I have a Christmas music obsession. Confession: I start listening to it even before Thanksgiving. I know, I hear it from my kids all the time, but I just can't get enough and one month is just not enough time for me. I thought I'd share some of my favorites from this year.
Angels from the Realms of Glory (click for link) by The Piano Guys, David Archuleta, Peter Hollens, and The Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
I love this version of this song. It is the biggest live nativity ever to happen. The video is as amazing as the song.

The Cat and Mouse Carol (click for link) by David Archuleta and the Tabernacle Choir.
I was actually at this concert and it made me LOVE David Archuleta. He was amazing! For someone so young to be so polished and talented. I was very impressed! I had never heard this song and immediately fell in love with it. It has a sweet little melody and the message is beautiful.

Winter Dreams (click for link)by Kelly Clarkson.
I am not a fan of all the songs on this album (sometimes it seems like she's screaming at me), but I really love this one- lyrics and music.


Silent Night (click for link) by Mannheim Steamroller.
This one has a story behind it. When I was a Laurel (17 years old), our teacher had us shut our eyes and visualize the nativity while we listened to this song. It is one of the more spiritual Christmas memories I have. I get chills just thinking about it now. Beautiful.

Jingle Bells (click for link) by Michael Buble featuring the Puppini Sisters.
I love the vintage sound of this song! And I love Michael Buble.

O Holy Night (click for link) by Celtic Woman.
This is, and always will be, my very favorite Christmas song. I grew up listening to my mom sing it almost every year in Sacrament meeting. It ALWAYS reminds me of her, so much so that singing it with the choir this year in our ward Christmas program made me tearing. I had to quit thinking about it. I sure miss her! Love you Mom!

No comments: