Wednesday, July 27, 2016

SNAPCHAT

I know that Snapchat is greatly debated and often criticized, but I have a serious love for it. Sister S and I have THE BEST time with it. I was able to keep up with her life when she was in Logan at school, in Ukraine and in Mexico. I get to see a little snippet of what she's doing and I get to send her little snippets of what I'm doing. It has been a wonderful tool for us to stay connected.

On a way less serious side, it is also a blast to use! They have the best filters and we laugh and play with them all the time. 
I just had to send this one to my sister (she's not on SnapChat, but you can save them if  you want). It is such a flattering filter and I just crack myself up!

Some of their filters are very age-defying- they smooth out my skin and put lipstick on better than I do.
I get to catalog little moments of life that I might have forgotten.

I can send my kids pictures of their newest niece.
Elder D on Harry Potter's birthday.
I can whine about how sick I am while I binge watch Fringe and drink peppermint tea and it only lasts for 24 hours.
Overall, it is definitely one of the most used apps on my phone, and while I know it's not right for everyone, it has a special place in my life right now. 


No comments: