Monday, March 16, 2009

BIRTHDAY BOY



My oldest son turned 15 today. I don't know why, but when my daughter hits mile-stones I am able to take it in stride because that is her job, she's the oldest. She hits all those firsts (baptism, Young Women, High School, driver's ed, dating, etc...) and it is crazy, but expected.

But when D hits them I am SHOCKED! Strange, but true. I just can't believe he is taking driver's ed! He is actually a pretty good driver so far. He isn't about speed yet (like my daughter...)

Anyway, here is his cake. He ordered a new skateboard for his present from us so I looked on line to find a cake idea. (Here is the link if you need it). All the skateboard cakes were for 6 or 7 years olds. I wonder when he'll grow out of the skating thing...
(It was very windy, so I had to stay inside with the candles). When he saw his cake he said, "Are you sure that is 15 candles? It looks like a lot!"

We had a great time with family and celebrated him all day with pizza and bread sticks, cake, ice cream, and banana bread. Sure love you, bud!

No comments: