Tuesday, March 17, 2009

BIRTHDAY BANNER


This is the new birthday banner I made. Normally it has been our tradition to print out a banner for each child on their birthday, but now I can just use and re-use this. I am very happy with it and especially with how easy it was to make.

I just cut two 6-inch triangles out of each 12 X 12 birthday scrapbook paper (some patterned, some plain) and used my Cricut to cut out the letters. I glued the letters to the 'flags' and then taped them to a piece of yarn. Yay! Quick and easy and reusable! I am "going green." (After all, it is St. Patrick's Day... Ha.)

PS I really LOVE my Cricut!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great idea! I thought it was from Target or something. Great project for my kids.

Denise said...

'Ode' to the Cricut! :)
LOVE IT!! What a great idea... Doesn't it just give you chills when you hit that CUT button and it starts to buzz around cutting!!?? Oooo I love it!!

Tonia Z said...

that is how i feel about my vinyl machine!!! Love the banner.

Shumway FAM said...

I love my cricut too, just haven't used it in a while. need to get back to having CRAFTY fun.
good to see your blog. so fun.