Thursday, September 23, 2010

GARDENING

We are enjoying the 'fruits of our labors.' We haven't had a garden for quite a few years now. Neither my husband nor I are ever very excited about it, but this year I felt strongly that we needed to do it, not for us, but for our kids. We've had them out there weeding and helping off and on all summer. I am actually really surprised we got anything because we planted in July, but we did!
Last night we had fresh green beans (which I LOVE) and corn on the cob (which I believe is one of life's true joys)! Some of my family aren't as thrilled as my husband and I, but they don't like anything, so it's not much of a surprise.
We are going to have quite a few pumpkins this year too. They are mostly mini pumpkins, but that's okay. They were volunteer, so who can complain?

No comments: