Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TIME WELL SPENT

My 16 year old son has been sick for about 3 weeks now (off and on). Yesterday, when he had to miss his 2nd day of school already this year and couldn't keep anything down, I finally took him to the doctor. He has labyrinthitis (an infection in his inner ear that causes him extreme dizziness and makes him sick to his stomach).

He was so dehydrated that they put him on an IV and for 2 hours we sat and waited for it to be done.
It was worth it though, because afterwards, he ate lunch and has felt better ever since. Hallelujah for doctors! Now he and I are both on antibiotics for our sinus infections, so hopefully we are on the mend.

3 comments:

the White's said...

Oh Kim, Im so glad he is doing better! Its funny that you posted this, because the symptoms are very similar to what my mom has been experiencing for YEARS and I am wondering if the doctors have ever considered checking her for THIS...Ive never heard it mentioned before so Im gonna check into it.

Britt said...

Wow...glad you found out what the problem was. Hope you're both feeling well soon!

Leslie said...

No way...I think my son has the same thing! His allergies have been horrible, but we thought he just has stress with drivers ed, etc. I'm so looking into this. Hope you guys are feeling better.