Sunday, April 29, 2012

EXPOSED BINDING WORKSHOP

I was fortunate enough to be able to take a book binding workshop yesterday and came home with 2 and a half books finished! It was SO MUCH FUN! I have no idea why I love making books so much, I just know that I do!
Double Needle Ethiopian Coptic Stitch Binding.
 The coptic stitch binding was complex for me. It looks fairly straight forward, but got confusing. I need to hurry and make another one so that I can keep the processes in my head. I tried to take notes, but I don't know how much sense they will make.

The Secret Belgium Binding by Ann Goye.
This book (the Secret Belgium Binding) is my favorite. I love the patterns I used, but I love the binding even more! I am so excited to learn these new techniques. If any of you are interested in taking some classes and learning to make books, here is the blog for Karleigh Heywood. She is the one that taught the workshop. She teaches all over. I highly recommend her.

No comments: