Friday, June 15, 2012

RIVER ADDICT ON THE GRAND

A little while ago, I mentioned my oldest going on a river trip down the Grand Canyon for 15 days. I thought I would post a few photos from her amazing adventure. I am quoting her words about each of the photos.

This is 'rig day' at the warehouse in Arizona where the crew got everything together for the trip. The boats in the background are the dories that went on the trip. There were also 4 rafts that went as well.

This is called Saddle Camp and it was her favorite campsite on the trip. Gorgeous!

This is called Deer Creek, one of the hikes they stopped for on one of the days.  It was her favorite one. The photos are amazing!

This was the day called 'DareWear.' Everyone wore crazy outfits. Here she is (on the left- ha ha), with one of the guys on the trip. She's got on a trash bag dress she made.

This is her at the Little Colorado, her other favorite hike.

This last one is my favorite! S rowing the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon- every river runners' dream! I am so proud of her! She's an amazing girl!


No comments: