Monday, October 1, 2012

YOUNG WOMEN, HERE I COME

I have a new calling in our new ward. I am now the Young Women's President and although I can't say I am 'excited', I'm not feeling the trepidation I was at first. In the last 6 years I have served as Primary President, Relief Society President and now Young Women's President. I am not sure what I'm not learning, but I sure hope I get it this time! 

I don't know many of the Young Women and don't really even know my counselors and the advisors real well, but I think that is one of the reasons we change callings so often in our church. We not only learn new skills and discover new talents, but we gain friends that will last a lifetime. I have become very close to some of the most amazing women through callings I have held and have been so thankful to serve with them. I know this calling and these women won't be any different. 

So, off I go on my new adventure-- Young Women, here I come!

No comments: