Friday, February 22, 2013

MORE MONOTYPES

I really enjoy monotypes, so it was fun to get back to doing some. Here are the three I created this semester. They are each 24" X 18" so they take a lot of time, but are worth it.
Fairview Canyon
I love the Fairview Canyon one. It turned out great! I am very disappointed, however, that I put on of my others on top before they were completely dry and some of the ink leaked onto this one (the strange shapes you can see in the sky on the right side). I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done either. Sad...

Caye Caulker, Belize
All of these monotypes were inspired by my sketchbook. This one from Belize on our cruise was my first tropical landscape and I ended up wiping away too much. My second one is better. It is more spontaneous and painterly.


Roatan, Honduras
Here is Roatan from our cruise too. It is the one that made it into the monotype show at the college. Now we've moved on to sintra cuts and woodcuts. I'll have to post those later...

No comments: