Monday, August 12, 2013

YOUNG WOMEN UNITY PUZZLE

One of the things that the Young Women in our ward struggle with at bit is Unity. I was browsing Pinterest one day and came across this idea for a Young Women activity and ran with it. I bought two 25-piece, wooden puzzles from the dollar store.
Finished puzzle.
 Each girl took a piece of the puzzle, decorated it and labeled it with her name. We then decorated the remaining pieces for each of the girls in our ward and also one for each leader. When I was home the next day I labeled the rest of the girls' names on a piece and put the puzzle together. {*NOTE- If you are going to do this, I would suggest having the girls decorate the back side of the puzzle so that you can get it together again. It took me almost all day to fit them back together again because of all the paint, paper and modge podge on the edges of the pieces.}
Missing pieces.
Yesterday, I took the puzzle to church with me, and right before we separated for classes I talked with the girls about the puzzle and how it represented our Young Women. Each of us are different and an individual, but we fit together as a whole in Young Women. However, there are pieces missing. Those girls who are less active are gone from the puzzle and we cannot be complete until the puzzle is whole. I then talked with them about fellowshipping and member missionary work. I told them I am going to display the puzzle every week and that as these missing girls start coming to activities and church, we will add their piece to our incomplete puzzle. I hope it will be a good reminder for them of their responsibility to reach out to 'the one.'

No comments: