Thursday, August 8, 2013

SUMMER'S WINDING DOWN

I am always so sad to see summer go. I teach, so I know that when the kids go back to school, I am not far behind. I always miss the unscheduled-ness and spontaneity of summer. Routines do have positive aspects, however. I just need to rearrange my point of view.
Princess P and K the Great.
Last week, Princess P and her friend K, decided they needed to sell Kool aid and popsicles- even though it was obviously going to rain. They got poured on and blown away not once, but twice. It was quite an experience for them. They still, however, did make some money. Crazy girls!
Princess P and Miss B in their hipster glasses.
Princess P and her cousin, Miss B, have really enjoyed each other this summer. They are good buddies as well as related and that's not always the case. I am so glad they have each other and will be VERY sad when Miss B and her family move.
Making a mobile (Princess P- yellow, Miss B- black).
 The free Wednesday Workshops at the Granary Art Cener have been so fun! The girls have loved them! I am glad that they will keep going throughout the school year, they will just be after school now.
Miss B and Princess P- top left.

No comments: