Sunday, August 4, 2013

BACKPACKING SCOUT CAMP

 Little C just went on a 6-day backpacking trip for Scout Camp in the Boulder Mountains. I was more than a little worried about this trip.
  1. It was his first Scout Camp alone. 
  2. 6 days is a LONG time to go backpacking.
  3. Backpacks are heavy and Little C is only 12.
  4. Bears
  5. Lightning
  6. Getting lost in the mountains.
  7. Freezing cold nights in the mountains.
  8. Did I mention he was going to be ALONE?

Little C (middle) and his buddies. I have no idea why they are standing on one foot.
Of course Mom and all her worries got lots of looks of disgust and eye rolls. So we bought him lots of food (junk food), packed up all the stuff on the list and he was off with the boys of the 4th ward. 
The one photo I have of the trip I stole from Facebook.
Everything went great from what I could get out of him. He had a great time, didn't starve, freeze or get attacked by a bear (never even saw one). I guess next time I'll be a little bit more relaxed. (?) 


No comments: