Saturday, November 23, 2013

YOUNG WOMEN HANDOUTS

When I was in Young Women growing up, I always loved to get handouts. I had a box where I kept all of them and put the newest out on my desk to display. My love of handouts has never died. Now I make them. I have no idea if the girls in my class keep them or chuck them as soon as they get home, but I know that I tried, right?
This week I am teaching a lesson called 'Why is it Important to Gain an Education and Develop Skills?' I made this handout (above) to give the girls a place to record their goals. Hopefully they will keep it since it's cute?

Napolean has some sweet skills!
Whenever I hear the word 'SKILLS', it reminds me of the movie Napolean Dynamite when he's talking about how girls only like guys that have sweet skills (bow staff skills, nunchuck skills, etc...). It cracks me up every time and I just had to make a handout about it. I am going to print it out, laminate it, and put a magnet on the back so they can hang it in their locker or something. Maybe I'm the only one who'll think it's funny, but I am amused by it.

No comments: