Monday, April 28, 2014

COYOTE GULCH

I just got back from doing one of the most challenging things I have ever done- backpacking Coyote Gulch. I am SOOO out of shape, over weight and I was unprepared for some of the things that came my way. That being said, I saw some AMAZING places! And I do not regret my trip at all (now that I'm home). hahaha

Peekaboo Canyon
Before we started backpacking we did some slot canyons in the area. We went up Peekaboo and came down Spooky. They were the skinniest slot canyons I have ever been in and it was amazing!! I really want to take my family back there.

The Escalante River
We got a little lost when we were hiking out to the crack in the wall where we head down into the canyon, but I was glad. It was a beautiful view.

Coyote Bridge
Jacob Hamblin Arch
Our group.
We went with the Snow College backpacking class and it took three groups to get us all there.  Our group went the 'easy' way. I sure am glad we did. I don't think I'd have made it out of the canyon going the sand hill way. I was exhausted.

Me, V and A
 Here are my backpacking buddies: Mr. V- our fearless leader. And Ms. A who talked me into the whole thing.
On our way out the last day- A and I.
My welcome home sign that Princess P made for me. 
I haven't been so glad to be home for a long time! I practically kissed my bed!!

No comments: