Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MISSIONARY NOTES

My two missionaries are doing amazing!! I love Mondays and getting their emails! It brightens my whole week! Here is an update...

Elder Gordon has been transferred all the way from up by the Scottish border down to Wales. He is actually loving the weather down in the south much better and is working with quite a few investigators.
His Welsh name tag.
He said he doesn't have to learn Welsh, but they do have Welsh name tags. I thought that was interesting...
He and his companion on 'Sports Day.'
His companion is a Brit (from Kent, I think) and they have worked well together. They have really gotten things moving in the area and are thrilled to have investigators to teach. 
Here he is on splits with the District Leader.
Britain is a hard mission (from what I've heard, all of Europe is), but he is doing really well and learning to love the people and his mission. That has been one of my favorite things about my kids being out there, is seeing the growth and the changes and the way they are handling the challenges they face. It is amazing!

Hermana Gordon is still in Miami. She has spent most of her mission there in a YSA area and is really loving it. She said she speaks fluent Spanglish and adores the people- the heat, on the other hand, not so much...
Hermana Gordon and an alligator.
One of the most exciting things that has happened recently is that she got put back together with one of her best friends that is in the same mission. They have known each other since they were 14 and ended up as companions in the MTC too. They work amazingly well together and are SOOO excited to be companions again.

The photo I got the week they got put back together. (How do they keep the boys away?)
Another exciting thing that is happening to her is her part in the Ft. Lauderdale Temple open house. She gets to take tours and answer questions. She said that people drive by and are prompted to stop and come see the temple and are asking to be baptized. It has been an amazing experience for her. Needless to say, she does not want to come home in July. haha

Hermanas Gordon and Johnson with some converts.
This was my birthday present. She had the guy in the photo text it to me. It was a wonderful present! What more could I want? 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

No comments: