Sunday, May 25, 2014

SCANDINAVIAN TRADITION

Ephraim's Scandinavian Festival was today. It was another fun day with family and relatives. I really enjoy getting to have almost a mini reunion with cousins and aunts and uncles. 
Cousins watching the parade and gathering candy.
 Traditionally, we gather at my sister, A's, house because she lives right on Main Street and it is a perfect place to watch the parade. She also makes pancakes if you get there early enough! Yum!
Nieces, sister, sister-in-law and brother-in-law.
Little C playing drums in the band (the one in the tank top) for the last time.
 After the parade there is now a mountain bike race and of course my boys wanted to do that, so we hustled up to the starting line.

Aunt N, Cousin C, Little C and A.
Here they are lining up. Little C did the shorter route and A and Big C did the 'Sport' class (longer). 

Big C with a big finish!
Big C actually finished second overall in the long race. Little C placed 3rd in his race and A got lost on the course and 'went the extra mile' (all uphill), so he did great too - just in his own way. haha

The Gordon clan eating lunch.
After the bike race we ate some lunch and walked through the booths at the festival. Princess P and I got some earrings. It was a good day!!
Cousin B, Big C and Cousin M.
I always do a BBQ at my house in the evening after the festival winds down. It is so fun having all the cousins over to visit and letting the kids play. I really enjoy my family.

My parents' grave with flowers.
After everyone had left, we ran out the cemetery before it got too dark to put flowers on the graves. Both sets of my grandparents, and my parents are buried in Ephraim Cemetery and so are one set of Big C's grandparents and his brother too.

No comments: