Tuesday, June 17, 2014

SUMMER SNOW-WEEK 1

I participated in Summer Snow workshops (link) again this year. The first week I did a landscape oil painting class taught by Brad Aldridge. 
Here I am painting by Spring City.
 We painted in the studio in the mornings and then after lunch we would go outside to paint plein air. I don't have a lot of experience with oils in the first place and none painting landscapes in oil, so this class was a trial for me.
Painting in Maple Canyon.
 I really enjoyed getting to know all the other people in class and also the instructor.
The artists in my class.
I sure am a fan of my instructor's work! He is an amazing artist. He did the murals in the Ft. Lauderdale temple endowment room. Here is a link to his website. 
My painting being painted on by a master.
This class really helped me understand that I am not an oil painter. Good to know... 

No comments: