Thursday, January 8, 2015

REMODEL- PART ONE

We are making some huge changes at our house and I am still trying to come to grips with it. Last month Big C announced, out of the blue, that he was going to take off work over the winter (January/February) and remodel our kitchen. I was very surprised, to put it mildly, because I've been asking for new cabinets for years now and all of a sudden he says, 'YES.' I married the least predictable man on earth- haha! I am SOOO EXCITED!

As we got talking, we decided to do even more than just the kitchen. We are doing most of our upstairs. We are taking out a wall and creating a small family room/TV room out of an old bedroom. We had to move Princess P downstairs, but she's fine with it so far.
BEFORE- You can see by the garbage bags that I'd already started cleaning out.
I can't believe it, but we tore out my favorite wall in the house. I had just talked Big C into putting up wainscot in the kitchen two years before and now we have to get rid of it? Sad day, but worth it in the end, right?? Here's to hoping...

Last view of our old kitchen- Sister S and Princess P packing up the cabinet contents.
Upper cabinets gone...
I came home from teaching yesterday and this is what I saw! Bye bye wall...
Demolition is NOT fun.
Huge mess and lots of back-breaking work hauling all that junk out.
The wall is gone! Our first taste of the new, big, open space.
We are going full force now!

No comments: