Sunday, May 8, 2016

HOMESICK

My older sister and I went back to our home town for a funeral last Saturday and I can't believe how many good, fun memories it brought back to us. I would pay big money for a time machine to take me back in time for a week. I miss my parents SO MUCH! They were amazing people and I had a great childhood.
This is the apartment we lived in when we first lived in Grand Junction. My parents were building our house and I was 5 years old.

This is the home I grew up in, but it looks a lot different now. When it was built it had three arches in the front and the brick was not painted- it was white with brown trim. But that planter in front is from us and all the trees too. They are so huge!!

While my sister and I were taking photos of the house, the people who live there now came home and told us to come in and see the house. I was so impressed with their kindness and my sister was in tears. It was a very poignant tour for us. We haven't been inside since we moved out 30 years ago.


There wasn't a lot left in the house that was from us (again, it's been 30 years), but we found this floor in the laundry room that is original! haha They let us go everywhere!


These cabinets in the laundry room are also original. They are from our first kitchen in the 1970's, before we remodeled. Aren't they groovy?? 

I know it seems strange to take a picture of a hallway, but I always tell my kids about playing soccer and football in the hallway growing up, so I took a picture to show them. I don't know how many lights we broke, but it was a lot.


This is the bathroom I grew up getting ready in. They painted the cabinets, but otherwise it is the same.


Here is a picture of the intercom system we had in all the rooms. Sooo 80's!


This is the kitchen area and the stairs go up to the master bedroom. The people that own it now have remodeled the kitchen twice since they bought the house in 1989, but the space is the same. My mom's white and yellow cabinets and tiled countertops are history, but will never be forgotten. What a fun trip down memory lane. I'm so blessed to have had such a wonderful family and home to be raised in.

No comments: