Friday, October 14, 2011

THE SCUM HAT

Known as the 'slouchy beanie' by most, at our house it has been dubbed the 'scum hat' by Big C. I am horrified by it's popularity, especially among young, otherwise good looking men (or even women).
Here is Orlando Bloom wearing one. (I have to admit, it is difficult to find an unattractive photo of him, but I did my best to get my point across and I feel that I have succeeded). A very hot guy wearing this hat like it is some kind of fashion statement.

This one is Ashton Kutcher. Now, I am not a fan of his at anytime (okay, he was good in Cheaper By the Dozen, but that's because he was playing himself), but COME ON! HOW does he think this is a good look?? He even wears his with a suit. *insert eye roll*

This last one brings me much sadness. Even Zac Efron (one of my favs of the favs!). He must know he's better than that!

Which brings me to my own family being caught up in this new fashion trend started by the homeless. Here is D who started the whole nickname by trying to wear his to Disneyland. Needless to say, Big C told him he was not wearing that 'scum hat' at Disneyland. The name has stuck and we tease him about it all the time.

Even S has started wearing one. I guess I am just too old to truly appreciate this form of self-expression. I can guarantee a hat such as this will never grace my head.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I TOTALLY agree with you on Ashton K. I thought his roll in Cheaper By the Dozen was perfect for him! I think your kids look cute in their scum hats.