Tuesday, November 22, 2011

FAMILY NIGHT OF GRATITUDE

We had a fun Family Home Evening last night, so I thought I'd share. D gave the lesson on gratitude/thanksgiving and wanted an idea for an activity. Pinterest came to the rescue again. (I know I said I wouldn't post about Pinterest again for a while, but I can't help it. There are just so many great ideas, I keep finding fun stuff).
This is our Thankful Tree we made. D cut branches off our aspen tree and put them in a jar. I punched out circles from scraps of paper I had, then punched small holes in them. We listed things we are thankful for and hung them on our 'tree.' It turned out cute and the kids had a blast.

Earlier in the day, Princess P and I went over to my sister's to make these pilgrim hat cookies (also inspired off of Pinterest). So this was our family night treat. It was a nice evening for all with minimal fighting (which is always a bonus ;).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally stealing these ideas :) Very Cute!