Thursday, June 21, 2012

SCANNING & PHOTOSHOPPING

My parents have both passed away. That means that as their children we are now the keeper of the family history. It is a daunting task sometimes and I have no idea what I am doing with genealogy. Photos, however, are a much more comfortable area for me. 

I have been scanning old photos for my siblings this past week and thought I would try to repair some as I went along. Here are some of my achievements:
My dad, probably in the 70's by the look of that shirt.
I am no expert, by any means, but I am not too bad for a self-taught photoshopper.

Grandpa J. The tie still needs some work, but I think I helped it a bit.
Some of the photos were easier to fix than others, and some I just decided weren't worth the effort.

Grandma J.
This one isn't the best, you can definitely see something funky going on in the grass, but to me it looks better than it was. I saved both copies for my brothers and sisters so they can decide which one they want. If you are a purist, repairs are technically altering the original and thus, not as good, so everyone has their opinion about doing it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they look vonderful!! Dahling- nice job.
Alsy Palsy