Sunday, September 16, 2012

SUNDAY @ THE ARCH

Today after Stake Conference Big C and I went up to Maple Canyon and hiked to the arch with Little C and Princess P. Big C is obsessed with the place right now. We spend any free time there.
The Maple Canyon arch.
I hadn't been up there for quite a while. It is a very stunning sight, but I don't suggest wearing Chaos to hike it. There are lots of toe-smashing sized loose rocks on steep trails and it doesn't make for a good combination.

My lover and I with Little C photo bombing us.
We had a good time. Big C checked out some climbs he had read about in the guide book. 
Big C and Princess P under the arch.
 It was a beautiful day for a hike! Cool early fall weather. 
Little C at the sign.
 The leaves haven't begun to change in earnest yet, but give them a week or two and they will be in glorious array! It is one of my favorite places to be when the leaves change. 
Everybody (but me) had to climb up the crack.
Behind the arch was this crack/chute-type thing. You can see Little C and coming down and Big C is sitting on the left wall about half way up. Princess P is at the top up there, but you can't see her in the photo very well. It was a nice way to spend our Sunday afternoon.

No comments: