Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SCVA PARTY

I hosted our Art Department Christmas party again this year. Now my time is served and I am done. It was lots of fun, as usual, though. I really enjoy my colleagues. We have a great time together. Last year we started the tradition of bringing 'bad art' as well as our artwork to trade. We work it like a white elephant game and have lots of fun.
The faculty members that were there.
 Here we are displaying our 'bad' art. I put it in quotes because one man's bad art is another man's good art, as they say. But I do have to admit that some of these pieces were pretty painful to look at. 

Three-legged stool.
The above stool is the 'bad' art gift I received. I forgot to take a photo of the 'bad' art I gave. Darn.

Barn- by Carl Purcell
I finally got a Carl Purcell painting. I think it might be just a print, but I still really like it and will definitely be hanging it on my wall. He was my teacher when I was at Snow and he still teaches a drawing class there. Overall, it was a profitable (and FUN) evening!



No comments: